Thursday, April 4, 2013

Seaweed

The other day I visited Trader Joe's for a few of my regular items and hobbled (still on crutches) across a package of dehydrated spicy seaweed salad. I recently tried seaweed at an Asian restaurant and liked it so I thought might as well give this a try. I know it has many health benefits, but couldn't quite remember what. After researching into its nutritional value here are some benefits of why we should be eating seaweed.
-Rich in amino acids, potassium, calcium, iron, iodine, magnesium, contains beta carotene and vitamin C.
-This vegetable offers satiety because it's full of fiber and extremely low cal, approximately 5 to 20 calories.

If your looking for a meatless meal or you may be a vegetarian, seaweed is a the go to food. I added some spicy sauce to it cause I can't stomach eating by itself. Experiment with the different flavors. For some, this may an easy dish to devour immediately, while others need to obtain an acquired taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment