Friday, April 12, 2013

Day 1 of detox

The day is almost over and I can't believe the fabulous tasting drinks these are. When I look at the ingredients of kale, spinach, watercress with beets cucumbers pineapple or apples it just doesn't seem like it would taste great. On the contrary, they are sweet and oh so delicious. I have one more drink to go and some mint tea before bed.

I feel tired today. Not sure if its from the excess sugar I ate the days preceeding up to my detox or if it is the detox itself.

I never once was hungry as I was juicing ever 3 hours.

My habits did tend to cross my mind from time to time. There would be lapse of memory where i would think, it would be nice to eat this or that today. Maybe I will have it and then i have to quickly refocus and remind myself I am detox. Tonight, my son had his first soccer practice and after practice I almost asked if he would like to go to sweet frog for some yogurt. Just as the words were about to pass my lips, I caught myself.

Although this is to help one out mentally, it isn't that hard. You do have to mentally prepare yourself to by-pass your mind telling you that you want some chocoloate or chips or whatever you think you are craving. I am not depriving myself of those things as anyone who diets shouldn't deprive themselves of the foods they love. Its I am making a choice to eat healthier so I may cleanse the inside as I do the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment